Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Letter to My Children's Teachers

I just penned this letter and sent it to the educators my children are blessed to work with this year. I hope that many of you are fortunate to have teachers in the lives of their children who are dedicated and motivated to ensure their success.

In light of the mass slaying of the children and teachers in Connecticut, I know most of us have talked with, consoled, and comforted our children. I just felt it was important to reach out to their teachers as well. I encourage you to do the same if you have great teachers working with your children.


Dear Educators,

My husband Richard and I just wanted to send a quick note of thanks to you all this weekend. The tragic events that occurred in Newtown, Connecticut still have me very emotional, as well some of you may be. I cannot tell you how often I proudly proclaim what a wonderful group of teachers Richard, Wesley, and Ian have this year! Our boys are happy and motivated to do well, and so much of that has to do with the connections they have made with you. 

As a parent, it is difficult to send your child into the care of others for such a large part of the day. You hope and trust that they are around teachers who entered the educational field for the love of learning and the love of children. It seems to me they all have come across dedicated individuals who feel that way. We have been able to sit and talk to all of you (with the exception of Mr. D whom we hope to meet before Christmas break!). The things you have said to us about our kids made us proud.

I just wanted to say thank you. Your unions are under attack. The failings of a broken educational system lie unfairly on your shoulders. You're not paid nearly enough for the work you do. Parents blame you for the failings of their children and don't support you they way they should. But we want you to know, that you have allies in Richard and Tarrah Xxxx. You have our full support and appreciation for everything you do.

Prayers that your upcoming Winter Break is restful and filled with family and fun. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything. If it's something we can assist with, we will gladly do it.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment