Thursday, November 3, 2011

Reflections

Lately I have spent a great deal of time pondering on human suffering. I just finished reading biographical fiction on the story of Henry "Box" Brown. He has an amazing story. Basically, he was a slave who mailed himself to freedom.

Over the past few weeks I have been reading up on, and focusing on injustices I see in society. The older I get the more objectively I am trying to look at these types of situations. I don't want to end up in an "Occupy" state of being. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Occupiers right to protest. I sympathize and even empathize with their position in many ways. But I must admit I too on some level am skeptical on the effectiveness of their actions.

I wish I could come up with some master plan outside of prayer and faith to deal with all of the wrongs I see in the world. As far as I know, only the Anti-Christ can come up with an alternative that is suitable for to the masses ;) So, I suppose, I will continue to put my trust in God. And have faith, that everyone will give an account for their actions both good and evil some day.

I want to make a difference if I can, or at least understand to the best of my ability why an injustice occurs. If I can learn from it, than perhaps I can prevent it. Let me not end up in a place of apathy where I see yet do nothing to act, effect, influence, or change what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment