Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life's Tricky Scale


I experienced a moment of self doubt today. It sent me into a spiraling decent towards questioning my life’s purpose. I have been taught to walk by faith and not by feeling. I think that’s a pretty good philosophy and I have no intention of changing it. However, I have to admit that those moments of feeling empty took me for a bit of a loop. 
I spent some time sitting and processing my current game plan, and I feel better. I had to remind myself that even though passion which so often drives our goals, is only one element of many required to successfully complete them. There are logical and strategic components that are equally important. It’s important to try and strike a balance, even though all elements may not be needed in equal proportion. 
Faith over feelings kicked in today. I’m also feeling grateful that I came a across a quote yesterday by Benjamin Franklin. He stated, “If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.”  My passion and logic scales have been readjusted and my faith is in tact. I believe I am good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment