Thursday, July 5, 2012

Soapboxing.... (What I do best)


To Whom It May Concern:

I would just like to let you know that I am TREMENDOUSLY disappointed with the fact that there are trans fats in you uncured beef and angus hot dogs.

I was at my local grocer, and they were out of the uncured turkey dogs that I normally get. I decided to grab a pack of angus and noticed they contained trans fats. I then moved on to the uncured beef dogs. They also contained trans fats.

People do not pay additional money for "natural" products and go through the additional effort of selecting nitrite/nitrate free processed meats only to accept they they contain trans fats. Nutritionists advise that there is NO SAFE level of trans fats. I think it amounts to false advertisements that you include them in your product and not readily label it as a notice. Putting it in the nutrition facts label is a requirement and the bare minimum that one can expect. For anyone who trusts your product they would naturally assume that it contained no such poison.

I feel let down as a faithful consumer. The trust has been broken and I will look for alternative products with healthier ingredients in the future.

Signed,

No comments:

Post a Comment