Thursday, February 14, 2013

Now THAT'S Love

So... I am sitting here with a rat's nest for hair, and a sweater fit for Mr. Rogers. My darling husband started sending me texts before I even woke up wanting to make sure I get exactly what I want on Valentine's Day. One look in his exhausted eyes  during our video chat, and I knew right away that a man who is so worried about making me happy is going to get exactly what makes me happy: an evening full of rest! He honestly is the hardest working man I know ( and I know some fantastic hardworking father/husbands). The truth of the matter is that we are both being pulled 100 different directions right now. Hopeless romantic that I am, I LOVE this day, and any other reason in which you get to go an extra mile to heap even more love on your loved ones. But in my heart of hearts, I know to push and "do something" just because it's Valentine's Day, when we are both exhausted, stressed, and distracted defeats the real meaning  I have assigned to the day. So, I will brush my hair (and my teeth) before he gets home. Greet him with a smile and send him to bed for a nap. Time on the couch laughing at NBC's Thursday night line up is the PERFECT way to spend this holiday with my Valentine ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment