Thursday, September 26, 2013

Think On These Things

One of my favorite Bible scriptures is found in the 4th chapter of Thessalonians. It talks about the importance of keeping a positive outlook. The 8th verse summarizes "...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Taking time to for prayer and meditation has been an absolute necessity for me lately. I consider myself to be a spiritual person, and definitely a woman of prayer. But the discipline of regular meditation is difficult to master in today's hectic society. It is however, something I have been forcing myself to do. 

It turns out setting this time aside to both focus and listen, was a vital and missing piece to MY peace. I dwell in more contentment, love, and well being than I have ever known in my adult life. (And I've been grown for quite a few years now lol). My husband expressed his heartfelt appreciation for the transformation he has seen in me recently. His sentiment is as important to me then the actual benefits I have received by making these life changes.

So here is my personal endorsement for implementing mediation into your lifestyle. I am sure most people are not doing it. Let's face it, pouring a drink, smoking, or popping a pill is a much more time efficient way of dealing with stress or life's challenges in general. But what is missing with those alternative stress combatants are the answers we are looking for that so often cause the unbalance in our lives in the first place......


"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
{Mohandas Gandhi}
 


No comments:

Post a Comment