Thursday, September 5, 2013

See the Soul

It's time to jot down some progress notes on how life finds me currently. As I stated in my last blog, I am on a new path in life. I must say it's much better than I could have speculated. I feel more peace and contentment now than I have in more years than I can remember. It's as if I am walking in a forest and all around me I can see rays of light. It's a beautiful hopeful experience. I understand this is all a process and there will be days where no sun light will reach me. But the path ahead looks good. I will store up grace and knowledge for what lies ahead. One word rings in my soul over and over....FORWARD. I am to move forward and not tether myself to anything that would distract me or take me off course. I cannot move forward if I am looking backwards. I won't look back. My internal navigation system is programed to take me FORWARD. 

My faith in God primarily but also in myself is giving me courage to press ahead. I have brought with me the tools and the people I need. I am equipped with life experiences, and the empathy, altruism, and wisdom I need. I trust the people I meet along the way going forward will have additional lessons that will aid in my personal growth. 

I was studying some international artists the other day. One gentleman left a very captivating description of his artistic process. He takes all of his photos in black and white. To paraphrase his comment was; If you want to see and something, take a picture in color. If you want to see the soul of something, take a picture in black and white.

This statement struck me. As I began to look at his body of work, I understood clearly what he meant. I decided to run a little experiment of my own. Below is a picture I took just this week after completing yoga exercises. This particular set of yoga forms concentrated on peace and acceptance. I am all about these form because they really speak to the heart of my situation and how I am trying to live right now. I do feel better physically, mentally, and spiritually. 


I converted the image to black and white and I'll be darned if I did not see a difference. When I strip away the color, I still see more pain then perhaps I was even aware of. I see eyes that are haunted with the disappointment of loss. But I'm very grateful that I can still see a sparkle of hope. It just takes on spark to ignite a mighty fire. I will cultivate that hope into a mighty raging flame of personal fulfillment. Just you watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment