Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back here....again

I recall a conversation with my oldest friend when we were around 22 and 23. She and I have been friends since we were 2 and 3 years old. We talked about how different our world perspectives were at that time compared to when we were finishing high school. We had come to the realization that the world as we understood it would keep shifting...probably forever.

I can say without a doubt that the woman who sits here closer to 40, looks at the world much differently than the young lady who was closer to 20 when she had that conversation. For several years in between I hit a plateau. I have official come to the end of said plateau, and fallen over the edge. Here's the funny thing. Even thought I don't "know things" right now. I am fairly comfortable as I navigate and learn. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who is figuring it out with me. I have a beautiful, soulful, spiritually mature best friend, and even my same girlfriend who I originally referenced. I am on the same page with the most important people in my life. And we continue to say "I don't know, but let's keep going and figure this out." That might not be as good as being at a high point in life. Those moments when everything is clicking and going right for you. But it's definitely an ok place to be. I'm ok. We're ok. Everything is going to be ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment