Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Far is Far Enough

     I have been working on another post for weeks now and I fear that it may be "overdone". I may very well end up scrapping that one because it feels contrived at this point. Anyway, I have something else on my mind now. I don't always look for feedback, but if anyone ever takes the time to read this post and would like to respond, I could sure use some feedback.
     I know, I know elbows and opinions everybody's got them. I don't normally ask for anyone's opinion because I have my own. Let's consider this more of a qualitative research project. Your input will be up for analysis. *I smile*
     I am just kind of at my wits end concerning on of my loved ones. I feel like this young man is full of potential, but is letting it all go to waste. I know that in life we have our own choices to make and everyone we come across is a mere influence. I do my best to be a positive influence to everyone I am around. But, how many times do you step in and repeat yourself and try and influence someone with little or no interest in doing their best. I search for answers, talk until I am blue in the face, go out of my way to support and under gird etc... However, most of the time when I try to drop the little bird from the nest and say 'fly', the bird starts a spiraling descent straight for the ground.
    I don't want to be so legalistic and methodical that I end up doing things like giving a person 3 tries or 5 tries and then wash my hands of a situation. At the same time, I don't want to feel as if I am spending so much effort on one person that I neglect myself and the other people in my life. I'm not sure if there are proper answers to this situation. I just needed to get it off my chest.  So there you have it. Calling all opinionated know it all persons! Step right up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment