Saturday, June 1, 2013

Birthday Blog

I have a birthday coming up in just a few short days. As another year in my life comes to a close, I find myself in a place of reflection. I am thankful to be growing older. Many who started out life's journey with me are no longer here. I plan to wear my age and my life experiences with pride. What I have been through, makes me the person I am today. I am far from perfection. But who I am, is a person who has been tried by fire, yet refuses to close my heart. I will actively and openly love others and perform my life's work with passion, persistence, and excellence.

It's easy to get discouraged. Disappoints arise, and by now I truly understand that life is not fair. However, I am thankful for the realization that love, positivity, and spirituality are a better way of life.  The hardships that effect me negatively may change who I am, yet I still have a say in who I am becomING. I have learned the power of 3 little letters "ING".  I throw those 3 letters in a lot of my circumstances to remind myself that my journey is process. My biggest failures and worst mistakes, are yielding a better person as the dust of past drama settles. Call it a quest for redemption, or attempts for penance if you will. But I am making good of what has gone terribly wrong whenever I can. What I have been through, what I am going through, and who I develop into are happening step by step. Thus, I must stay actively engaged and make proactive choices and decisions.

I have learned to look for the good in even the worst of situations. I have learned to hold dear to the people who love you unconditionally. I have learned to forgive people who hurt you. But I have also learned to steer clear from them. The saying is true....Hurt people, hurt people...think on that..... I have learned that there is nothing that can break the bond of love. When you love someone it is forever. I have learned that you have to stay true to the very essence of yourself. Anyone who wants you to be someone other than yourself can kick rocks! Be who you are...just be the best you that you can be.  I have learned not to judge others so harshly. There are so many facets to life of others we don't have insight to. Life is messy. Many people take action based on circumstances that you couldn't even imagine. Someone else living life in a way that you don't approve of does not make necessarily a bad person. We all have ONE judge. You're not it. Keep your finger and your nose out of other people's business, and keep working on the mess in your own life. I have learned that if I am the smartest person in the room, then it's time to broaden my horizons. I need to be the least smart person in a group, and stretch my capacity. I have learned that I am not an adrenaline junky. My impulsive quest to live life to the fullest is rooted in curiosity. What I am is an accomplishment junky. I want to do what others don't expect is possible (at least not possible from me) and do it better than they can imagine. Most importantly I am learnING the importance of fluidity. Like the fact that these guiding principles in which I operate will continue to adjust and expound in the future.

I'm hopeful that what's left of my years will be more fulfilling than where I started out, or where I've been. I'm pouring my energy into making that happen. Faith and love abound in my soul. Even that is a comeuppance from the regret, insecurity, and discontent which previously inhabited my being. Thanks so much for coming to take a peek at blog. Feel free to stop by anytime. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment