Monday, January 17, 2011

Here I Go!

     I created this blog several days ago. It was very hard to decide what I wanted to say so I have remained silent. Believe me when I say speechless times from me are few and far between. As time goes on anyone who follows this blog may look back on these words in amusement. Anyway, I decided today was the day to sign in and see what happens.
     On two different occasions I wanted to get on the blog and let her rip. The first time was after finishing a book I read by Frank McCourt. Teacher Man to be exact. I was afraid that it was going to turn into a book review and that was not what I was looking to do. I really wanted to chronicle my personal feelings after having read the book. It all came rushing at me at once and I chose to stay in that moment and just acknowledge those feelings and reflect. Really they all came upon me faster than I would have been able to type anyway.  In retrospect let me just say that I greatly appreciated his transparency in that book.
     The second time I considered blogging was in the midst of a completely emotional incident. I decided against it. I have no intention of turning this into an online diary. I suppose there are all types of people in the world. Some of those individuals enjoy reading dramatic entries from overly emotional people. But let's face it there are enough forums for those types tomfoolery. The blog is called her soap box not her soap opera! Daytime soaps or reality TV or heck even Facebook can provide you with your daily fix of such things if that's what your looking for. I'll save the drama for my mama. (Isn't that what mothers are for?)
     As vocal/verbal as I am, (and I suspect such may be the case with other blabber mouths) for all of my ranting and raving, I am quite particular in the sets of things that I actually share with people! I actually consider this to be a skill. Most people assume that someone who is talkative, is telling you there whole life story. Often times that is the case, but not with me. I suppose time will tell how much of myself I will actually reveal to those who choose to take the time to read what I have to say and interact with me.
    This is new territory for me.  I am looking forward to seeing where I wind up. I am looking forward to the people I may meet along the way. *In my best Jerry McGuire voice* Who's coming with me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment