Monday, August 20, 2012

If I Could Give My Younger Self Advice

I just saw a question posed that really got my brain wheels turning: I thought I would take a few moments to process it off the top of my head...

I would tell her to always always ALWAYS follow your heart. Of all of the things you may regret, loving will not be one of them. Love and it's effects are something that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Even if you didn't "love right" or you weren't loved right, it will inspire you to do better and be better in the future.

I would also encourage myself, to walk away from anyone that does not respect you. Disrespect is not an option. Do not allow it to be a factor in any relationship in which you take part of. Parents do not have a right to disrespect their children. Siblings don't have a right to disrespect each other, nor do friends and lovers. There is a simple theme that makes the world go 'round. It's called common courtesy. It is a precursor to respect. If you come across someone who does not follow those basic rules of engagement....walk away before any type of personal relationship has an opportunity to bud.


Hmmm re-reading this.... It seems as if love and respect are to foundational building blocks in my life. Now,  I think I will spend some time thinking about some of my weaknesses and challenges. Growth is a life long challenge for me. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)




No comments:

Post a Comment