Thursday, September 6, 2012

Who Do You Think I Am?

Tears (of joy) are forming in my eyes right now as I blog this. I just wanted to write this down while I remember it. I'll look back on this from time to time and smile. :)

I was rushing to get my son out the door and to the bus. He stopped as he stepped over the threshold and looked at me. "Are we running so late? We don't have time to pray?" 

I pray with my kids everyday before they head off to school. It's an important part of  exercising my faith. I am absolutely inclined to believe that God hears me when I pray. More importantly, it's an opportunity for me to speak positive helpful things into their lives that they can recall throughout the day. I remind them of who they are, what we are trying to instill in them, and the values they should both present and represent to those who come across their paths. 

Most of us who are in the throws of parenting often wonder wether we're doing a good enough job. I WANT to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Every stage of parenting, as your child grows, has it's challenges. I have to be honest. This situation felt like one of the most honorable instances I have ever been in.  If a prayerful spiritual person is who I am in the minds of my children, I am one happy woman.  



No comments:

Post a Comment