Thursday, February 9, 2012

Photos

I have a growing obsession with photography. There's a marvelous photo gallery not far from my house. I go there as often as possible. I have always enjoyed looking at photos, but my interest is changing. I'm starting to like taking pictures.

I watched a television special once that talked about the complicated dynamic that comes with photographing life. There is a relationship that needs to be built to facilitate trust. But at the same time, you have to learn how to almost disappear.

I'm thinking that's why I am drawn to it. I just want to see if I am able to connect and capture authentic life experiences. I've started taking more pictures lately. Many of them will end up on my Tumblr blog just because I need somewhere to store them, and I like their picture format. I love pictures of natural environments. For now, I am focusing on landscapes just because the beauty is already there. There's not much I have to do, but be open to the beauty around me. I think as time goes on I will learn more about how to take pictures of people as well. Capturing emotion on film is a long term goal, and perhaps one that will take a lifetime to perfect. If I can learn to do it, it will be well worth it.

Here are some extremely random shots I have taken over the past 6 months:




















No comments:

Post a Comment