Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Pleasant Surprise

Life hasn't been beating me up, but it sure has been wearing me down. Every time I sit down to write, I am pulled away. I'd be foolish to complain. Most of my circumstances, and upcoming developments are positive ones. However, some circumstances are devastatingly negative. The culmination of fast sweeping change, and negative challenges has a tendency to wear a person historically resistant to change, down. I think I do a good job most days of staying focused and productive. Yesterday wasn't one of those days.

By about my fourth hour in bed last evening, I was whisked from my room. My husband had made a late night call to a local sushi place. With kids in bed or out for the evening, he spread a blanket, poured a huge glass of red wine, and we had a picnic. If I've said it once, I've said it one thousand times, I hope everyone has an opportunity to love like this in their lifetime. It's the kind of love you feel unworthy of. The kind of love allows you forget every stress and worry in the world...if only for a little while. It heals you.

Have a great weekend friends. Find someone to love on. Be well xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment