Sunday, October 18, 2015

Happy Anniversary

Today marks the 1 year anniversary in our new home. I have loved everyday here! My husband and I drove through our old neighborhood yesterday. That house looks great. The new owners are taking great pride in it. As much as I loved that house, we both agree making a move was for the best. 

As nostalgic as I am, I was able to let go of my attachment. The one thing I noticed was that as much as I loved the old place, the house I grew up in always felt like "home". But now that we moved, THIS house feels like home. Because of that, I wake up every single day feeling happy, secure, safe, cozy, and content. All of those things confirm we made the right choice.

 I remember a conversation I had with my aunt years ago. Her daughter seemed to have trouble settling. She moved around from state to state. When things didn't work out, she would move back to town regroup, and try to move away again. There's nothing wrong with moving away and living in a different geographic area where people talk, dress, eat, and even think a little different. We've all got to figure out where we fit in, and our purpose. But my aunt made a valid point. You can move to the other side of the globe. Wherever you are, you'll still be YOU. We have to settle in our hearts and minds who we are and what we want. Then and only then can we set out on a path that will bring us peace and joy. I am still finding my way. But my soul tells me, I'm definitely on the right path. Peace and love friends xoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment