Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Kiss Goodbye

This year is coming to a close. I am not sad to see it go. It was progression from the year before, and I would be a fool to complain or not count my blessings. I stand on the ledge of 2011, and look ahead to what life has in store for me, a tremendous portion of my future is unknown. Yet, growth and maturity are allowing me to step forward in faith, and with confidence. I have learned not to look back so often. You cannot make effective progress with your eyes looking anywhere other than where you want to go. So, instead of looking back and risking veering off course, I will rely upon my learned experiences. I had a revelation- there is a difference between looking back to the past. And thinking back on the past. It sounds like a subtle difference.  Life is teaching me, there is a stark contrast. Looking back involves turning away from your present course and trying to rejoin something from a previous time period. Thinking back requires you to look inward, and draw from your own well of personal experiences.

So as I THINK back over 2011,  I reflect on it's lessons:
Renewed hope
Restored faith
Dreams realized
Pleasantly surprised
Love cultivator
Friendship motivator
Reminder of things past
Realization of hopes dashed
Clarity and direction
Dispenser of affection

And as I cross into 2012 I say;
Out with the old
In with the new
Some days will be sunny
Some undoubtedly blue
But with wide open arms I welcome you
*Kisses 2011 goodbye*



No comments:

Post a Comment