Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life As We Know It

Life as we know it came to a close for this little lady and I last week. Before the last day of this school year came, I decided that I wanted to make our last day as bosom buddies a special one. Summer vacation has officially begun. Her brothers are home now, and we are in the crux of making this summer as memorable as any before. 

When the fall rolls around this time, my little sweetheart will be hitting the mean streets and heading to school. Nobody knows my girl better than me, so we spent the day doing all of her favorite things. She was absolutely thrilled she repeatedly asked me if it was her "Lucky Day".  I kept telling her it was her Special Day. Her elation was my motivation, because to be honest, it was much more bitter than bittersweet in my eyes. 

I am happy for my doll. She is brilliant, vibrant, full of curiosity, and quite ready to move on to bigger and better things. Yet selfishly, I mourn the loss of my roll as center of someone else's universe. I will spend these next couple of months creating as many lasting memories as possible. I chose not to focus on myself just yet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment